Royal Leamington Spa, commonly known as Leamington Spa or Leamington  is a spa town in central Warwickshire, England. Formerly known as Leamington Priors, its expansion began following the popularisation of the medicinal qualities of its water by Dr Kerr in 1784, and by Dr Lambe around 1797. During the 19th century, the town experienced one of the most rapid expansions in England. It is named after the River Leam which flows through the town.
From Leamington Spa railway station cross the main road in front of the station and turn right. Descend to the canal and keep walking in the same direction to the Moorings. 14min

Select pictures for a larger view.

The Moorings Leamington SpaStart at the The Moorings at Myton. Myton Rd, CV31 3NY
Monday - Thursday - 10:30am-11:00pm. Friday - Saturday -10:30am-12:00PM
Sunday - 10:30am-10:30pm.  Food served lunch and evening.
Courage Best Bitter, Purity Pure Gold, Wells Bombardier, Young's Special

Click the picture for the gallery and to comment.
Turn left out of the pub to the road side of the pub and turn right. At the roundabout take the first exit into Princes Drive. Walk under the metal bridge into Park Drive. Cross over using the crossing to the brick bridges and enter Victoria Park, at or near the river walk entrance.

Victoria Park CV31 3PX

Victoria ParK Leamington Spa
Up until the 1830s the park was just part of farmland on the edge of the growing spa town. It was at that time that one of the local land owning families, the Willes, began to hold archery competitions on the land. In the middle of the nineteenth century Leamington Cricket club made their first home there and in the 1860s the New Riverside Walk was opened.
The bowling greens are amongst the best in England hosting the English Men's and Women's Bowling Championships annually.  There are extensive children's play areas, a skate park and a cafe.
Click the picture for the gallery and to comment.

Head across the park slightly right into Archery Road (see the map on the web site above for the alternative routes and also the riverside walk)

The Cricketers Leamington SpaNext is the Cricketers

Archery Road  CV31 3PT
12-11 Mon-Sat; 12-10.30 Sun,  Black Sheep Best Bitter,
Slaughterhouse Saddleback Best Bitter. 1 changing beer.   Free wi-fi available.
Wonderful Food 12-3, 5-9 Mon-Fri; 12-8 Sat; 12-6 Sun

Click the picture for the gallery and to comment.
Continue along Archery Road and turn left into Adelaide Road. Walk until you reach Clarendon Square, and turn right, continue into Clarendon Avenue.

The White Horse

White Horse Leamington Spa
4-6 Clarendon Avenue  CV32 5PZ
Opens 12-11 Mon-Wed; 12-Midnight Thu & Fri; 10-1am Sat; 11.30-11 Sun
Sharp's Doom Bar,  Purity Pure Ubu, 3 changing beers.
Food 12-10; 10-10 Sat; 11.30-10 Sun
Click the picture for the gallery and to comment.

Turn left out of the Horse Statue side of the pub and left again into Russel Street. Turn left into Warwick Street. Pub will be on right.

The Duke Leamington SpaThe Duke
44 Warwick Street  CV32 5JP  Opens 10am-11pm
12-3, 6-9; 10-8 Fri; 10-6 Sat & Sun
Formerly a Yate's Wine Lodge (converted from shop in the mid 1990s). Became an Italian restaurant in 2006 before becoming a pub again in summer 2009 under the name of The Duke. Everards Beacon Bitter.
Click the picture for the gallery and to comment.
Turn right out of the pub and continue along Warwick Street. Turn right into Parade. The Lounge will be on the right.

The Lounge

The Lounge Leamington Spa

130 The Parade CV32 4AG  Open 11-11 Mon-Thu; 11-1am Fri & Sat; 12-10.30 Sun
Formerly the Haunch of Venison.  Food 12-3,5-9 Mon-Thu; 12-9 Fri&Sat; 12-5 Sun
Everards Ales.  Free Wifi.
Click the picture for the gallery and to comment.

Continue in the same direction to the Jephson Gardens on your Left

Jephson GardensJephson Gardens Open every day from 8am.
One of the town's most popular tourist attractions and well worth a visit, they have facilities such as cafes and floral displays.

Click the picture for the gallery and to comment.

The Pump Room and Gardens are across the road.

Pump Room and Gardens

Pump room and gardens
Originally the gardens were only for the use of patrons of the Royal Pump Rooms "to afford them pleasant promenades." The original bandstand was later erected and bands played in the afternoon and evening during the summer (and other public holidays) for those paying to use the baths. However in 1875 the gardens were opened to the public

Click the picture for the gallery and to comment.

Walk a little further to the Jug and Jester on your left, just beyond the Church.

Jug and Jester LeamingtonJug and Jester

Wetherspoon 11/13 Bath Street CV31 3AF  Free wi-fi.
8am-Midnight Mon-Thu; 8am-1am Fri & Sat; 8am-Midnight Sun
Food served all day.  Adnams Broadside,  Ruddles Best Bitter,  Sharp's Doom Bar
5 changing beers sourced from regional breweries.
Built in 1813, this pub was originally the Theatre Royal. The original building is Grade II listed. It was for some years known as the Chair & Rocket and has since been expanded into the buildings on each side resulting in four distinct drinking areas on varying levels that reflect the original rooms.
Click the picture for the gallery and to comment.

Continue down Bath Street to turn right under the Iron bridge and back to the station.

Please let me know if you spot any error on this website...